Agents of SMERSH (Second Edition)
A partir de 13 años
90 minutos aprox.
De 1 a 4 jugadores
A STORYTELLING BOARD GAME SET IN THE 1970s COLD WAR ERA.
SMERSH is a portmanteau of two Russian words that translates to "Death to Spies." It operated as a counter-intelligence agency by the Red Army during the 1940s. Despite having had a large number of paid employees, little was known about the agency until recently when Russia opened their archives.
Agents of SMERSH is a cooperative Storytelling game that pits players as UN Secret Service Spies set in an alternate 1970s timeline against a newly formed and independent SMERSH. Agents of SMERSH includes custom dice to determine success or failure of encounters, and more strategic play from what is typically expected of a Storytelling board game. There are plenty of James Bond gadgets, guns, cars, pop references and detailed artwork - not to mention a touch of humor. The game features the artwork of George Patsouras (The Resistance & Flash Point).
The game is able to accommodate play with either The Encounter Book, which contains over 1500 written encounters with a similar reaction matrix to Tales of the Arabian Nights - or played more simply with only encounter cards with shorter encounters and no matrix. The First Edition (2012) of the game came with the Encounter Cards as standard, and the Encounter Book as an optional add-on (although many copies did actually include the book). The Second Edition (2015) includes the Encounter Book as standard, with the Encounter Cards available to purchase from the publisher.
Componentes de juego:
- Field Manual (16 pages, staple-bound)
- Book of Encounters with over 1600 Encounters (viii+284 pages; 8.5x11 spiral-bound)
- (Book is optional to play the game and may add 30 minutes play time)
- Errata and additional components page (single loose leaf, two-sided)
- 4 Henchmen mats (Pierre, Mr. Big, Fedor Maximov, Darling) (5" square)
- 5 Character mats (Rocko Jurgen, Nika Shizuka, Dexter Kane, Dante Wright, Calli Dagger)
- 6 Character tokens and 5 plastic standees (2 female, 3 male, 1 blank)
- 112 assorted tokens
- Group Reaction / Ocean Encounters sheet
- 1 Villain Mat (Dr. Lobo) (10" square)
- Mounted gameboard depicting a world map (approx. 25.5" × 17.5")
- Dice bag (velvet, draw string)
- 7 Custom six-sided dice
- 1 D6
- 34 white cubes, 4 black cubes, 1 large pawn
- Over 300 Cards:
- 22 Top Secret cards (mini-Euro size)
- 4 Rules Summary cards (63.5×88 mm playing card size)
- 44 Fate cards (id.)
- 49 Status cards (id.)
- 35 Villain cards (id.)
- 8 Ocean Encounters cards (id.)
- 30 Africa Encounters cards (id.)
- 30 Asia Encounters cards (id.)
- 30 Europe Encounters cards (id.)
- 30 North America Encounters cards (id.)
- 30 South America Encounters cards (id.)
Fabricante: 8th Summit Fecha de lanzamiento: 17/2/2017