Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid
A partir de 13 años
2 - 360 minutos aprox.
1 - 2 jugadores
Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid uses the game format to explore the first raid on the Japanese home islands by the United States during World War Two. It is a solitaire game challenging the player to conduct a successful mission where the criteria for success is not purely military. The player must organize, equip, and train a squadron of B-25 medium Mitchell bombers to attack a distant and rather dangerous target. The game not only covers the raid from launch to landing, it extends the story on both ends. Threatened from the air and from the sea, the player must do his utmost to strike the Japanese capital, avenging the attack on Pearl Harbor, and then land his aircraft safely. If the raid goes poorly it may boost Japanese morale and deflate the mood in the United States. Getting the B-25s close enough to launch is vital, as is the recovery of aircraft and crewmen, but above all, the players main dilemma will be secrecy. The risk is great. Failure could mean the loss of an entire squadron, or worse, the sinking of a precious aircraft carrier. Will the Doolittle Raid add to the dismal news of Pearl Harbor, Guam, Wake Island, and Bataan, or will it signal the turning of the tide?
Componentes de juego:
- 22x34 mapsheet (includes the mission planning blotter, naval map, flight map, China boxes, and task force layout);
- 600 counters of mixed sizes (1/2, 5/8, 1, and a mix of rectangular naval counters) (3.5 countersheets);
- 3 target maps (8.5x11) double sided (day side and night side);
- several player aid folders (each segment has its own folder);
- rule book and debriefing booklet with historical scenarios.x
Fabricante: GMT Games Fecha de lanzamiento: 18/11/2017