Bios: Genesis (2nd Edition)
The Earth has seen dramatic events, lava oceans, a great collision that formed its moon, the filling of its oceans by impact bolides, the rising of continents with plate tectonics. Among these noisy events, life got started, perhaps many times and in many forms.
The players, representing "soup ingredients," must find a sheltered refuge in order to start autocatalytic cycles and accumulate catalysts. Once they achieved templated replication, they can share their progress by swapping genetic material or becoming parasites or chimeras. The game ends in the Cambrian Explosion, with the advent of multicellular life and the invasion of the land.
Suitable for competitive, cooperative, and solitaire play!
The 2nd Edition contains components for 4 instead of 3 organisms for each player, 100 new commissioned artworks, 68 page rules/ science background, & a folding player aid.
- 60 Cards illustrated by Karim Chakroun with 100 extra commissioned artworks
- 16 oversized placards, for bacteria and refugia
- 48 disks representing catalysts, enzymes, and antioxidants
- 64 wooden cubes for manna & chromosomes
- 16 wooden domes for bionts (4 more than 1st edition)
- 12 six-sided dice, used for autocatalytic and Darwin rolls
- Rules and historical background, 68 pages
- Folding player aid
- Duración mínima (min.)
- Duración máxima (min.)
- Número de jugadores mínimo
- Número de jugadores máximo
- Edad mínima